A forward facing high back booster seat lifts your child so that an adult seat belt can be used and positioned correctly. Booster seats are fitted with slots to guide the adult seat belt around your child, and also provide head, neck and side impact protection. They should be used with a 3-point seat belt, even if secured by ISOFIX.
What’s it like?
- A booster with a backrest to help guide the diagonal belt correctly
- Most have deep, padded side wings to offer head and torso support, as well as side impact protection
- ISOFIX or non ISOFIX options available (seat belts must still be used with ISOFIX booster seats)
Who’s it for?
- Weight: 15kg/33lb – 36kg/80lb
- Height: 135cm/4’5’’ or 12 years old
- Age: Approx 4 years to 12 years
Boosters may be used up to 150cm/4’9’’.
Always opt for a high back booster over a booster cushion, booster cushions do not offer any torso support or provide any side impact protection.
NEVER put a rear facing child seat on a seat with an active frontal airbag. For forward facing child seats, consult your vehicle handbook for manufacturer advice on airbag activation and seat positioning. Good Egg Safety recommends that children travel in the rear of the vehicle.