A group 1-2-3 is a combination seat which uses a harness in group 1 and sometimes group 2, which is removed when converted to a high back booster seat in groups 2 and 3.
What’s it like?
A forward facing seat that:
- Uses a 5-point harness to secure childen up to 18 or 25kg, or an impact shield up to 18kg
- Uses an adult seat belt when used as a booster seat to secure children 15-36kg
- Has a seat belt or ISOFIX* fitting to the vehicle
- Often has a limited recline
Who it’s for?
- Weight: 9-36kg
- Approximate age: 9 months to 12 years
* Combination seats cover a wide age group. It’s important to ensure that the seat meets your child’s needs.
* Most forward facing car seats with a 25kg harness limit use a top tether, check your vehicle handbook for compatibility