This is a combination child car seat that will grow with your child through their first four years. They normally have inserts that are removed as your child grows, and they rear face to at least 13kg / 29lbs, with some even rear facing right up to four years old! (18kg / 40lb)
What’s it like?
A combination seat that:
- Fits rear facing until at least 13kg/29lb
- Some can remain rear facing to 18kg/40lb for maximum safety. It is vital you check your manufacturer instructions for the weight limit of your seat.
- ISOFIX and seat belt options available
Who’s it for?
- Weight: 0-18kg/40lb
- Height: Eyes level with the top of the seat (check instructions, some may have a different limit)
- Approx. Age: Newborn to four years
Look for seats that have an easy head rest and harness adjustment to help make adjusting the seat a doddle!
NEVER put a rear facing child seat on a seat with an active frontal airbag. For forward facing child seats, consult your vehicle handbook for manufacturer advice on airbag activation and seat positioning. Good Egg Safety recommends that children travel in the rear of the vehicle.
FOOT PROP WARNING
Some child seats are fitted with a support leg. Do not use this type of seat if there is a storage compartment in the foot well, unless it's approved for such use.