Welcome to the Scottish In-Car Child Safety Initiative
Thanks to the valuable support of Road Safety Scotland over the past 17 years, the Scottish In-Car Child Safety campaign has checked over 20,000 car seats in Scotland since 2002.
Our aims have remained consistent over the last 17 years. It is vital that we continually reinforce the key messages as we are trying to reach and influence new parents every year while still reminding other parents (of older children) about the importance of in-car safety.
- To raise awareness of the dangers of transporting unrestrained or incorrectly restrained children in vehicles
- Empower parents & guardians to make safer, more informed choices by educating them on new legislation and common fitting errors
- Provide new and interesting opportunities for parents / carers to get their car seat checked by trained road safety professionals.
- Focus on reducing major errors and incompatibility
- Campaign to raise awareness of the dangers of second hand car seats and the importance of buying in a store with knowledgeable staff.
- Highlight the benefits of rear facing for longer.
Our overall aim is to reduce the number of child passenger casualties on Scottish (and the rest of the UK) roads.